Takagi Shrine
sightseeing

A shrine dedicated to the mythological god of agriculture, Takamimusubi. The shrine was destroyed by fire in 1590, and rebuilt by the lord of Oshi Castle, Abe Masayoshi. Annual festivals are held, such as Setsubun (seasonal division) on February 3rd, Tainai Kuguri (passing through the womb) on June 30th, and Tori no Ichi (Festival of the Rooster) on December 8th.
Basic Information
Location
2-93 Miyacho, Kumagaya City
TEL
048-522-1985
Business hours / Fee
Business hours
Weekdays 9AM-12PM, 1PM-4PM; Sat/Sun/Holidays 9AM-4PM
Regular holiday
Butsu-metsu (inauspicious days w/some exceptions); schedule changes depending on festivals and events
How to get there
Public transport
15 min. walk from Kumagaya Station Main Entrance (North Entrance) on JR Joetsu Shinkansen, Hokuriku Shinkansen, Takasaki Line and Chichibu Railway.
Car
Approx. 15 km from Higashimatsuyama Interchange on Kanetsu Expressway